Finding your perfect wedding venue in Nottingham
Nottingham is home to some fantastic wedding venues. Once you’ve set a budget, your wedding venue will determine your wedding date, location and your maximum number of guests, so make choosing your venue a priority.
1) Make a Nottingham wedding venue wish list
Before you begin searching for your Nottinghamshire wedding venue, talk to together about what you both want the experience of your wedding day to be like for you and your guests.
To help you make a wedding venue wish list, start by considering these questions:
- Do you want to get married on a significant/ specific date?
- Do you want a wedding venue with accommodation?
- Do you want to use your own caterers?
- Do you want a particular type of food?
- How big is your evening guest list likely to be?
- Do you want to get married at the wedding venue?
- Do you want to get married outside?
- How DIY do you want to be (how much creative freedom do you need)?
All these factors will play a part in determining which wedding venue in Nottingham you choose. You may need to compromise on a few points- work together to find what’s best for both of you.
2) Visit a variety of Nottinghamshire wedding venues
Visit 4-5 different types of wedding venue. Keep an open mind, visit a marquee wedding venue, a barn, a stately home or a tipi- you’ll soon get a feel for the type of venue that most suits your style and personality as a couple.
Once you have a good feeling about what you want from your wedding venue, you can narrow things down and visit a small range of similar venues until you find the one!
3) Do a little homework before visiting each wedding venue
It’s a good idea to come to each visit prepared with a list of questions to ask the events team. That way, you’ll get the most out of each visit and you’ll leave with a good understanding about how each Nottingham wedding venue fits with your aspirations.